COVID-19 Delays, Hurdles and Updates
We are looking forward to resuming dental care for our patients!
Facing the forced closing and staged re-opening has presented its own set of challenges and the need for what will be obvious changes. You may have to look a little closer, but reassure the little ones that its still the same dedicated and friendly Serengeti underneath all the crazy PPE (personal protective equipment).
The COVID-19 Pandemic has brought about wholesale changes in our policies and procedures. Seems like every level of government and half a dozen acronyms has had a say in how we will be running our business going into the future. The CDC, OSHA, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, TAPD, ADA, TDA, State Board of Dental Examiners and NIOSH have all set certain guidelines that will likely be the new norm.
We apologize for the upheaval in scheduling changes and the serious inconveniences that these new norms are causing, and please know we are trying to meet these new demands and needs to reschedule with as much efficiency as possible.
- State regulations will require repeated screenings by phone and pre-operatively. You’ve probably heard all the questions before, and you’ll likely be very tired of them by the time the pandemic is passed.
- Parents should plan to bring only the patient appointed, as they may not bring a companion into the office to the appointment, unless the patient requires assistance (e.g. pediatric patients, special needs, etc.)
- A touchless thermal temperature scanner will now be used to monitor the temperature of every patient, (parent/guardian) before entering the building. If the patient, (parent/guardian) OR any member of the party OR household has a fever, we will be required to reschedule the appointment.
- Appointed patients (parent/guardian) should call the office upon arrival to the office parking lot and expect to wait in their vehicle until called. [Toys and video games in the waiting rooms have been forbidden by regulation until the pandemic is passed.]
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- If you or your child has a significant underlying medical condition, we recommend rescheduling until a safer future time.
We are well aware of the importance of mitigation of exposure and are thinking both inside and outside the box to make certain we are going well above and beyond the requirements to keep our patients safe.
If your child has a scheduled appointment, please check your emails for appointment procedures, protocols and instructions. All visits will have specific instructions.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.